Lately its been pretty chilly and since I'm used to summer all year long, I finally have an excuse to use my crockpot
This serves a lot as my crockpot holds 7 quarts and I make a ton to feed my husband who eats like a teenager. He also takes the left overs to work, so this meal doubles as dinner and lunch. Yay!
The ingredients are
- 1-2 lbs Chicken. You can use breasts, thighs, whatever you have. I had leg quarters (two big ones) so I put them right into the pot, frozen, skin, and all. (once they were cooked I took off the skin and shredded them, adding the meat back to the pot. This happened a few hours after cooking started)
- 1 Family Sized can of Cream of Mushroom soup (you could use 3 or 4 smaller cans if you cant find the bigger ones)
- Water ~ I use the can in the previous step and fill it up about 1.5 times
- 1 lb of Mushrooms ~ washed and chopped (I use as much as I have, that could mean 2 lbs or more since Im a mushroom fan)
- 4-8 potatoes, a couple pounds worth ~ chopped (depending on your crock pot depends on the size, I cut mine small)
- 1 chicken bullion cube
- 1 med sized onion ~ chopped (again, depending on your crock pot depends on your sized cuts)
- Salt and Pepper to taste (I dont add a whole lot of Salt and Pepper as I usually add it to my bowl at the end)
Add everything to the pot and let it cook for 4-6 hours on High (check the potatoes to make sure they are soft, if so, its done). If you want to add rice, just make a pot of it and pour the soup overtop.
Note: Yes, for the cooking time I said high. My crockpot cooks very slow so I have to chop everything up into tiny pieces and cook it for 4-6 hours or chop it regular (like 1 inch pieces) and cook it for 6-8 hours.
You can pair this with a yummy piece of bread, a side salad, or some steamed broccoli and that would round out your meal!!
Print the recipe from Ziplist ~ Chicken and Mushroom Crockpot Soup
Do you have a favorite recipe for the crockpot?
Thanks for stopping by!